At Interlude Pet Resort & Spa we eschew most of the “doggie door” style boarding and a member of the staff walks each dog out to his or her run for exercise. This way of boarding is very labor intensive and requires additional staff but we firmly believe that this style of boarding is beneficial to the well being of our guests.
Shy or needy pets get the attention they need and all of our guests enjoy a closer bond with our staff. Staff members are more likely to catch or notice even small problems. Of course, the “doggie door” style boarding is still a necessity for some pets that cannot be walked on a leash or others which prefer not to be handled at all but are perfectly happy in a set routine.
We also offer a two-tier kennel configuration that helps small dogs to feel more comfortable by being at eye level with the staff where they can get optimal attention throughout the day.
The standard size for dog enclosures are 6′ X 4′ on the inside and 20′ X 4′ or 20’x8’on the outside. Your basic boarding service includes three exercises each day; one in the morning, afternoon, and evening. We have a few family size enclosures which can accommodate three or more large dogs from the same family.
Built to resemble a private bedroom, each suite comes complete with tile floors, throw rugs and ceramic tile on the walls. We also include artful decor, a toddler bed and a soothing mix of jazz and classical music.
Suites are $50 per night. $25 for each additional pet.
- Biscuits and Gravy ($5.00) – Three dog biscuits with nutritional dog gravy poured over top, a delicious and nutritious treat
- Photos ($10.00) – A 5×7 Photo with a unique border & caption about your dog’s adventures at camp Interlude
- Busy Bones ($5.00) – Interludes Natural hard bones stuffed with peanut butter for hours of enjoyment
- Night Walks ($12.00 per dog) – A 15 minute walk around the property with a staff member after hours
- Business Walk ($7.00) – After hours let out into a yard for bathroom purposes 9pm-11pm
- Brush Out ($15.00) – 15 minutes brushing and combing with a coat conditioning spray and a bandana
- Brush Out & Nail Clip ($20.00) – 15 minutes brushing and combing with a coat conditioning spray and a bandana
- Pool Time or Bubble Play ($10.00, $5.00 each additional pet) – Let your dog splash in a shallow pool for fifteen minutes or we blow bubbles for them to chase around; both are a lot of fun for your furry friend
- Group Play ($10.00) – Your dog can interact with other dogs of similar size and temperament.
- Playtime & Walks ($8.00, $4.00 each additional pet) – The staff plays with the dog in the puppy area, or goes for walks in the wooded property.
Playtime is an added service during which a staff member gives your dog one-on-one attention for about 15-20 minutes. Playtime can be in the form of playing with your dog’s favorite toy or the staff member may curl up in the kennel with your pet. We do whatever benefits your dog the most. Activities include:
- Playing ball
- Squeak toys
- Walks on our wooded property
- One-on-one comforting and affection
Some pets do not want to be petted but want you to throw the ball 100 times (i.e. Jack Russels), whereas others simply want to sit in someone’s lap and be stroked (i.e. Poodle); still others only want to walk with their noses plastered to the ground (i.e. Beagles). Geriatric dogs benefit from additional let outs to keep those old bones moving. Puppies benefit from the extra opportunity to use the bathroom outside as well as the extra exercise. Overly energetic dogs get a chance to release some of that energy.